7 Tips to Get Back on Track After Overeating
In this season-of-indulgence, I wanted to give you some ideas on what to do AFTER you have overdone a meal, which can happen if you’re not careful! The best way to avoid the problems that come with overeating carbs (like extra fat gained and weakened immune system) are to…not overdo it! But just in case this plan fell through, here is plan B:
1. Don’t beat yourself up. So you overate at one meal. It happens. Give yourself some empathy, and get right back to a smart low carb paleo type meal the very next time you eat. One slip doesn’t mean that you’ve “fallen off the wagon”- it just means that you had one slip!
2. Skip the sugar. For a while at least. If you overdid dessert, it can be easy to fall back into carb addictions by continuing to eat sugar. Cut sugar out for a few days after a slip, and you’ll be just fine.
3. Eat plenty of fat. When you overeat with carbs, if you’re not careful it can lead to more carbs with each meal. Instead of opting for rolls and pasta, next time, do extra olive oil or guacamole.
4. Move. I don’t mean move out of your house, I mean, just move your body! Just walking every day can do amazing things for your health and fitness levels. Your mood will improve as an added bonus.
5. Set goals. You “carbed up” at Thanksgiving? Okay…now is a great time to enter that New Years 5k…or even just shoot for smaller goals like cutting out sodas in December.
6. Sleep! Sleep is so underrated when it comes to your health and fitness. Most people need between 7-9 hours. The more you can get, the less likely you are going to wake up exhausted, depressed, and surrounded by McDonalds Big Mac wrappers.
7. Get centered. Holidays can be stressful and lead to emotional eating. Become conscious of everything you are eating, accept your slips, and bounce back as fast as you can.
8. BONUS! If you are worried about “slipage” and what the results could be to your waist and gut, download our ebook and start doing some of the written exercises immediately. Once you have the self-knowledge, it is MUCH easier to stay on track through the holidays so that you don’t have to worry about “New Years Resolutions”. Right now through Tuesday, November 30th, we are offering a 10% discount on all our products- including the book and audio book! To get your discount just go to:
and use discount code “HOLIDAZE” (all caps)
I want everyone to be able to make it through the holidays without the notorious “5-7 pound weight gain” and actually be able to LOSE weight while not counting calories or making sacrifices. So to give you that extra incentive, we’re discounting the products just until this Tuesday!
Just head to http://getyourperfectweight.com and put in the discount code “HOLIDAZE” when you are checking out for the 10% discount.
To your Healthy Mind and Fit Body!