How to eat on the road and not gain weight
You’re following along with a great, healthy diet, cutting out a lot of carbs, making yourself healthy sandwiches, eating lots of fruits and vegetables…then one of these three things happen that throws you completely off your healthy habits and back to gaining fat:
1. You go on a business trip. You’re busy with work the whole time. No time to eat healthy! You’re eating out for every meal and cleaning your plate. Too much alcohol is consumed every day….desserts are a must with clients! Snacks are mostly carbs…
2. You go on vacation. Carb city. Again, too much alcohol, too much indulgence, not enough exercise. “Afterall,” you remind yourself, “I’m on vacation! I need to enjoy myself!” The problem is your body doesn’t go on vacation from processing carbohydrates…and you stack on the pounds.
3. You get together with friends who you haven’t seen in a while. With a heavy travel schedule, this reuniting happens every time you come back home. Big dinners are part of the get togethers, and again, alcohol is flowing!
Here are 4 tips on how to avoid weight gain when you are traveling:
1. If you drink alcohol, keep it to a minimum. Don’t avoid it altogether, but business trips and vacation can get really out of hand when it comes to overdoing it.
2. Take out the bread on your sandwiches & burgers, and avoid the bread many restaurants sometimes serve before dinner.
3. No desserts. This one will take a lot of self esteem and being able to not get sucked into peer pressure from the group. Most desserts out are carb-laden, insulin spiking nightmares that will leave you feeling bad. The hard thing about avoiding dessert when you’re out at dinner with people is the ones who will try to make you feel “uncool” or “uptight” for not indulging. Experience the emotion, acknowledge what is going on, and make the decision that is right for you.
4. Walk. You can walk a lot on trips, just be conscious of the times when you can take the stairs instead of the elevator, or walk a few blocks instead of taking a cab. What seems like a little extra walking here and there can make a big difference.
There you go. Follow these tips and you will not come back from your trips feeling sluggish and fat, and disappointed in yourself for not following through!
Sign Up here and receive:
“The Three Pillars of Achieving Your Perfect Weight Through the Mind-Body Connection” Audio