Low Carb Diet List
There are several great low carbohydrate diets out there that work, but what foods are best on these diets? I decided to make a low carb diet list to give some tasty options when it comes to proper eating, the low carb way!
Here are 6 foods to consider when eating low carb:
1. Nuts. I can’t live without my nuts! They can help keep you satiated and provide you with great monounsaturated fats and protein. Great for snacking between meals. Almonds, walnuts, cashews, macadamia nuts…all good. Keep in mind that peanuts are not nuts, although they do contain a good amount of healthy monounsaturated fats as well.
2. Berries. Blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries are loaded with antioxidants, have fiber, and are some of the most healthy foods you can eat.
3. Eggs. Make sure to go for the free range kind. Eggs are loaded with nutrients. Don’t worry about dietary cholesterol in eggs- recent studies have proven that eating cholesterol does not cause high cholesterol.
4. Fish. We need omega 3 fatty acids and fish is the best place to get these. Mercury may be a concern with eating a lot of fish, so taking high quality fish oils can be just as effective.
5. Meat. The key with meat is quality. For beef, make sure you are getting grass fed beef, which has far more omega 3 fatty acids, more nutrients overall, and from far healthier cows than regular beef. For lunch meat, make sure you are getting the preservative-free kind of meat- no nitrates or phosphates!
6. Think Thin bars. Yes, I’m throwing in a non-whole food option (sometimes eating whole foods is just not convenient). I just discovered these last year. They have many great flavors and each bar has 20 grams of protein!
Sign Up here and receive:
“The Three Pillars of Achieving Your Perfect Weight Through the Mind-Body Connection” Audio
2 thoughts on “Low Carb Diet List”